Getting LazPaint into Debian

Version 7.1.5 has been released, fixing some minor interface problems. That's all great, though LazPaint still isn't included in Debian distributions on Linux.

For now, I have been producing an installable Deb file, which works fine. I had to do some research and testing to get it right. I have written what I learnt in the process on FreePascal wiki: Debian package structure

This not yet available in Synaptic but there is some progress and it seems that I finally got an upstream source that could be compatible with Debian distributions. Here is the issues thread on GitHub.

It has been a long process, because there is no so much documentation about it, and even less regarding projects using Pascal language. People that know about Debian packaging do not have much spare time and they are used to C language projects.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LazPaint 6.4.1

Bug fixes and compilation fixes

SVG support with version 7.1.6